Bureau Veritas has been awarded by the Ministry of Industry and Commerce of the Republic of Zimbabwe with the Consignment Based Conformity Assessment (CBCA) contract
Bureau Veritas has been awarded by the Ministry of Industry and Commerce of the Republic of Zimbabwe with the Consignment Based Conformity Assessment (CBCA) contract.
This conformity and valuation programme intends to:
- Reduce hazardous and substandard imported products to Zimbabwe
- Improve customs duty collection
- Provide compliance certificates to regulated products exported to Zimbabwe at source and prior to shipment
- Ensure Zimbabwe Consumers’ and Industry’s protection
- Enable a fair competition
- Avoid unnecessary retesting by recognition of tests results / meeting minimum reliability criteria
This CBCA program is combined with valuation and price assessment and applies to specific products:
- Food and Agriculture
- Building products
- Timber and timber products
- Petroleum and fuel
- Packaging material
- Electrical/electronic products
- Body care and health products
- Automotive and transportation
- Clothing and textile
- Engineering equipment
The CBCA certificate shall be presented for Customs clearance on arrival in Zimbabwe.
The starting up of the program will be on May 16th, 2015, in compliance with the World Trade Organization process and relevant decrees.
For more information: